Learn how to deploy and operate a TiKV cluster
Learn to deploy, configure, monitor, and scale TiKV as you adopt the service into your project and infrastructure.
In the Install TiKV section you’ll find several guides to help you deploy and integrate TiKV into your infrastructure.
The best supported and most comprehensive deployment solution for production environment is to Deploy TiKV using TiUP.
If you’re determined to strike it out on your own, we’ve done our best to provide you with the tools you need to build your own solution. Start with Install binary manually.
If you want to try TiKV on your own Mac or Linux machine, please try TiUP Playground.
Learn about how you can configure TiKV to meet your needs in the configure section. There you’ll find a number of guides including:
- PD Command Line Parameters: Learn configuration flags of PD.
- PD Config: Learn the PD configuration file.
- TiKV Command Line Parameters: Learn configuration flags of TiKV.
- TiKV Config: Learn the TiKV configuration file.
- Security: Use TLS security and review security procedures.
- Topology Lable: Use location awareness to improve resiliency and performance.
- Limit: Learn how to configure scheduling rate limit on stores.
- Region Merge: Tweak region merging.
- RocksDB: Tweak RocksDB configuration parameters.
- Raftstore: Learn how to configure Raftstore in TiKV.
- Titan: Enable titan to improve performance with large values.
- Storage: Learn how to configure storage in TiKV.
- gRPC: Learn how to configure gRPC in TiKV.
- Coprocessor: Learn how to configure Coprocessor in TiKV.
Benchmark and Performance
Monitor and Alert
Learn how to inspect a TiKV cluster in the Monitor and Alert section. You’ll find out
- Monitoring Framework: Use Prometheus and Grafana to build the TiKV monitoring framework.
- Monitoring API: Learn the API of TiKV monitoring services.
- Deploy Monitoring Services: Learn how to deploy monitoring services for the TiKV cluster.
- Export Grafana Shapshots: Learn how to export snapshots of Grafana Dashboard, and how to visualize these files.
- Key Metrics: Learn some key metrics displayed on the Grafana Overview dashboard.
- TiKV Cluster Alert Rules: Learn the alert rules in a TiKV cluster.
This section introduces how to maintain and operate a TiKV cluster.
- Upgrade a TiKV cluster using TiUP: Learn how to upgrade TiKV using TiUP
- Scale out/in a TiKV cluster using TiUP: How to grow and shrink your TiKV cluster.
- Maintain a TiKV cluster using TiUP: Learn the common operations to operate and maintain a TiKV cluster using TiUP