TiKV graduated within CNCF in September 2020! This is a piece of exceptionally exciting news for the community because it marks the CNCF’s recognition of TiKV’s maturity.
Let’s take a look at what we have achieved in September!
To celebrate TiKV’s CNCF graduation, we have made limited edition SWAGs for our contributors and adopters! Claim yours by filling this form.
We have two projects selected by CNCF CommunityBridge projects for Q3-Q4, as listed below. We have received several resumes and coding tasks sent by mentee candidates. The official confirmation on candidates selection will be released by CommunityBridge on October 5. Stay tuned.
This month our team made 2 releases!
You can review the changelogs here:
trueas a nonadjustable value in #8636
- Bug fixes
- @chux0519 added dictionary compression support for blob file for titan in #189.
- @NingLin-P added joint consensus support in #8401.
- @Xuanwo implemented non-nullable support for variable argument RPN function in #8740.
- @JmPotato added basic election logic in #2986 and TSO generation logic for the local allocator in #2894.
- @HundunDM implemented a joint consensus builder in #2740 and added some operator steps related to joint consensus in #2895.
- @Yisaer created #2905 to support the scatter region by groups.
- @xhebox added a set of commands to pd-ctl, which makes use of the new bundle API in #2927.
Call for participation
- @Connor1996 opened #8722 to discuss solutions to the increasing Rocksdb write duration.
- @Connor1996 found the compression ratio of L6 is even smaller than L5/L4 and created #8721 to discuss reasons and possible solutions.
We’d like to welcome the following new contributors to TiKV and thank them for their work!
If you’d like to get involved, we’d love to help you get started. You might be interested in tackling one of these issues. If you don’t know how to begin, please leave a comment and somebody will help you out. We’re also very keen for people to contribute to documentation, tests, optimizations, benchmarks, refactoring, or other useful things.