The warmest month in the Northern Hemisphere is coming to an end soon. It’s time to wrap up everything we have achieved in July!
Let’s get started.
TiKV is up for graduation from CNCF! This is a major milestone we have been waiting for, which consummates the efforts and commitments of the TiKV community since it was born. It would not be possible without you, our contributors and adopters! If you would like to support TiKV in the vote, follow the instructions to join the CNCF TOC group and post your replies here!
Cloud Native and Open Source Virtual Summit China 2020 is happening from July 30 to August 1. We have three TiKV-related talks prepared for you. These talks will be delivered in Chinese and the timezone displayed is UTC+8. Mark your calendars to join them!
- Intro: Backup and Restore in TiKV - Jay Lee (16:20, Jul 31)
- TiFlash: Make TiKV 10x Faster and HTAP-able - Xiaoyu Ma (15:40, Aug 1)
- BPF for Chaos and Tracing in Kubernetes - Wenbo Zhang (20:50, Aug 1)
Our first CNCF project webinar, How We Doubled System Read Throughput with Only 26 Lines of Code, is scheduled at 10 am PT, July 31. Minghua Tang will share why we introduced Follower Read, a TiKV 4.0 feature that improves the throughput of the TiKV cluster and reduces the load of the leader, and how we implemented it. Register if you’re interested.
This month our team made 3 releases!
You can review the changelogs here:
- @skyzh implemented the Chunk memory format for all TiKV Coprocessor data types in #8214 and #8239.
- @de-sh created rust-rocksdb#517 to add support of rocksdb-cloud for rust-rocksdb.
- @little-wallace created #7878 to support acquiring RocksSnapshot once for different regions.
- @Busyjay synchronized raft-rs with upstream etcd/raft in #382 and #383.
- @Busyjay introduced joint consensus into raft-rs in #386.
- @sticnarf created #8258 to support async commit in
- @nrc implemented async commit prewrite in #8205.
- @longfangsong created #8228 to refactor command module.
- @youjiali1995 fixed
min_commit_tsoverflow in #7639.
Help wanted issues
- @nrc opened #8336, suggesting fixing Clippy warnings.
- @youjiali1995 posted an issue regarding
Call for participation
We’d like to welcome the following new contributors to TiKV community and thank them for their work!
If you’d like to get involved, we’d love to help you get started. You might be interested in tackling one of these issues. If you don’t know how to begin, please leave a comment and somebody will help you out. We’re also very keen for people to contribute to documentation, tests, optimizations, benchmarks, refactoring, or other useful things.